6) Hammami, Mohamed Amen, Francis, Lijo, Croissant, Jonas, Ghaffour, Noreddine, Alsaiari, Shahad, Khashab, Niveen M.; Periodic mesoporous organosilica-doped nanocomposite membranes and systems including nanocomposite. US20200306701A1, 2020
Abstract: A periodic mesoporous organosilica (PMO) nanoparticle functionalized nanocomposite membrane (NCM) for membrane distillation, the NCM including: polymer fibers such as polyetherimide fibers aggregated into a matrix; and hydrophobic PMO nanoparticles disposed on the polymer fibers. The PMO nanoparticles include a framework connected by organic groups and pentafluorophenyl groups. Good membrane flux and anti-fouling was demonstrated. Membranes can be prepared by electrospinning.
5) Alsaiari, Shahad, Hammami, Mohamed Amen, Khashab, Niveen M.; Nanocluster capped mesoporous nanoparticles, methods of making and use. US20200046849A1, 2020
Abstract: Embodiments of the present disclosure describe a conjugate comprising a mesoporous nanoparticle having a plurality of pores, wherein the mesoporous nanoparticle is positively charged, wherein an active agent is disposed in the pore; and a plurality of metal nanoclusters, wherein the metal nanocluster has a negative charge, wherein a gate agent is attached to the metal nanocluster. Embodiments of the present disclosure also describe a method of using a conjugate comprising exposing a conjugate to microbes sufficient to release an active agent and treating the microbes with the released active agent. Embodiments of the present disclosure further describe a method of using a conjugate comprising exposing a conjugate to microbes and detecting a presence of the microbes.
4) N.M. Khashab; Ye Chen; J. Tao Compositions of graphene materials with metal nanostructures and microstructures and methods of making and using including pressure sensors. US20180207590A1, 2018
Abstract: Composition comprising at least one graphene material and at least one metal. The metal can be in the form of nano particles as well as microflakes, including single crystal microflakes. The metal can be intercalated in the graphene sheets. The composition has high conductivity and flexibility. The composition can be made by a one - pot synthesis in which a graphene material precursor is converted to the graphene material, and the metal precursor is converted to the metal. A reducing solvent or dispersant such as NMP can be used. Devices made from the composition include a pressure sensor which has high sensitivity. Two two - dimen sion materials can be combined to form a hybrid material.
3) Chen, Y.; Tao, J.; Deng, L.; Khashab, N. Polymer Carbon Nanotube Composite. WO2015132620A2, 2015
Abstract: A polymer composite consists of carbon nanotubes dispersed in a solid polymer matrix. The resistivity of the polymer composite is between 1.0 x 106-1.0 x 103 Ω cm. The percentage of the carbon nanotubes in the composite is < 10% by wt.
2) Chen, Y.; Tao, J.; Deng, L.; Khashab, N.; Al-Khaldi, T. A.; Al-Shahrani, A. A.; Alabedi, G. S. Polymer Nanocomposites and Methods of Making Nanocomposites. US20140128519A1, 2014
Abstract: Embodiments of the present disclosure provide for polymer nanocomposites, methods of making polymer nanocomposites, and the like. The polymer nanocomposite comprises: (A) a polymer selected from the group consisting of: polyetherimide (PEI) polymer, polyether sulfone (PES), polyimide (PI), polyaryl etherketone (PAEK), and general engineering plastic such as polycarbonate (PC), polyamide (PA), polybutylene terephthalate (PBT); (B) an ionic liq.; and (C) carbon nanotubes. The method of making a polymer nanocomposite comprises: mixing an ionic liq. with a plurality of carbon nanotubes to form a gel; and mixing the gel with a polymer to form the polymer nanocomposite.
1) Kosel, J.; Khashab, N.; Zaher, A.; Magnetically Controlled Permeability Membranes. US20130289516A1, 2013
Abstract: A bioactive material delivery system can include a thermoresponsive polymer membrane and nanowires distributed within the thermoresponsive polymer membrane. Magnetic activation of a thermoresponsive polymer membrane can take place via altering the magnetization or dimensions of nanowires dispersed or ordered within the membrane matrix